Like most bookworms, I’ve got a problem: there are too many books and not enough time to read them!
So how do I decide what books are worthy of my oh so precious time? Well I have a couple of ways actually..but since I’m a mood reader, it basically depends on what I feel like reading at the moment.
Factors that influence what I read next:
- Goodreads. I love this site so much because I’ve “discovered” so many amazing books on it. I’m not even sure I can pick one aspect of it that I love the most. Their newsletter is amazing and I love the concept of “making” friends because I often end up checking out books that my friends have given good ratings for.
- Cover and Blurb. Technically this applies to books on goodreads as well but I, in general, I judge books mainly on these two things. Since I mostly buy ebooks, I don’t care that much about whether the book is eye-candy but a great book cover does get my attention. However, if the blurb doesn’t pique my interest, I’m not going to add it to my tbr.
- Twitter. I follow quite a lot of book bloggers and authors so I can’t help getting curious when I see a lot of tweets about how great a book is. Naturally I just have to go read it and see for myself what all the hype is about!
- Book blogs. Similar to Twitter, if I’m reading a lot of good reviews about a book, I’m more likely to buy the book.
- Favorite authors. These get the priority when it comes to buying books because I’ve read their writing before and I know I like it.
So how do you decide what to read next?