I haven’t done one of these in awhile and 2015 is almost over! So here I am! By the way, #AmWriting posts are sporadic updates on the ‘write life.’ This particular post summarizes all the little things I’ve been up to.
Vivid is my current WIP – I was actually supposed to finish it during NaNoWriMo but instead I wrote about 18,000 words and ditched it after the first week. Now a month later, I am finally working on it again. I know I said it turned out better than I expected but now I’m realizing it lacks direction because I didn’t really know the plot when I drafted the first 10 chapters during NaNo.
Rewriting will be oh-so-painful. I’ve decided to just keep winging it even though I now have an idea of how the novel was supposed to turn out. I don’t think this will be a complete waste of time because I’m learning a lot about the characters and I might even be able to use many of the scenes I’ve written..but we’ll see.
- My writing blog and main blog now have 100+ and 200+ followers respectively.
- I’m now part of 3 writing collectives! There hasn’t been much activity lately on Icarus Kids which is still new and relatively unknown but the other two collectives seem very promising. The Dead Poets Network has helped bring more exposure to my poetry. And Flood Journal is for poc writers and artists. I was invited to join the collective by the curator. (It’s only been a week but I’m pretty excited!)
- I took poetry requests on my main blog
(and people actually requested poems!?)It was just really fun to post poetry in response to prompts without spending hours editing the poems and worrying about how good/bad they were.
- I’m a poetry reader at Transcending Shadows Review and I got my first assignment this week! I haven’t had a chance to read through most of the submissions but it looks promising.
- I’ve been posting poetry on ello as well and despite only having 43 followers, I’ve still gotten 500+ views on some poems (and then there was this poem that for some reason got 1.23k views..?!).
- I used to talk a lot about The Good, The Bad, The Inbetween and then I kind of…stopped. So if you’re wondering why I don’t talk about it anymore, it’s because I’ve stopped working on it. I’ve decided to worry about it when I finish the first draft of Vivid and even then, I’m not sure what it’s fate is going to be.