I was nominated for the Infinity Dreams Award by Heather! Thank-you so much for tagging me! You guys should definitely check out her super cool blog! (I’m sorry I haven’t been posting as much lately, school started this week and I’m already drowning in huge piles of homework.)
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us eleven facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them
- I am currently reading (and enjoying) The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma.
- I’ve been trying to write in my journal and sometimes I post photos of my entries on my tumblr blog.
- My favorite classic is Oliver Twist. For some reason, I don’t really like most classics and I generally avoid them (no offense to anyone who loves classics).. But I ended up reading Oliver Twist mainly because I found my mom’s old, battered copy of it and I didn’t have anything to read at the time. Curiosity encouraged me to flip through the book and I devoured it in a day.
- I’ve trashed 80% of the “stuff” I wrote recently and spent the last hour wondering if I could have rescued some of it. I do that a lot.
- My hair is usually pretty frizzy and untameable but I usually don’t bother doing anything about it. I like to pretend it matches my personality.
- I have been craving physical books (because I’ve been reading on my Kindle so much)….And I’m trying to survive by borrowing library books because of-course I’m on a book buying ban!
- During the school year, I complain about not having enough free time but whenever summer comes around, I find myself watching TV and sleeping in instead of getting stuff done. I think I need to get more hobbies. (Which is why I, at some point in my short life, tried: sketching sharks, knitting, cross-stitching, origami, making friendship bracelets.. Nothing has stuck with me except for writing, reading and blogging.)
- Whenever I share I facts about myself, I go through previous tag posts and make sure I’m not repeating myself.
(Please tell me I’m not the only one who obsessively checks all of his/her award posts!)
- I don’t have any pets but I really like cats so now and then I find myself wishing for a furry companion. I think it’s for the best because I’m too busy, now, to look after an animal anyway.. Maybe in the future.
- I know I should comment on posts more often but these days I rarely do… Usually it’s not because the post isn’t good, heck the post is probably fabulous but I can’t come up with something intelligent to say. (I’m not trying to make excuses for not commenting more on other people’s blogs..This is just how I feel.)
- I love reading through the “astrology” related posts on tumblr. (I know they might all be made up..) But for some reason I love scrolling through the post, finding my zodiac sign (libra) and reading what that says about me. Sometimes those posts are kind-of accurate.
heather’s questions & my answers..
How do you feel about soft tacos?
I mean I don’t eat tacos that often…
Favorite Disney movie?
I don’t really have one because I like most if not all of them!
Best villain ever?
I don’t have one yet.
How much do you hate spoilers?
Not that much. Sometimes I actively seek them out because I just desperately want to know what happens next.
What’s the best thing about your blog?
(I like to think that) I update it often and I try to keep it interesting by doing more than book reviews. So one day I might post about my “writing life” and another day I might discuss something bookish like reading slumps or book buying bans.
What are three books that everyone must read before they die, period?
Harry Potter, My Heart and other Black Holes, and Throne of Glass. These are just books I have read and loved.. I don’t really have number one favorite books because I’ve read so many amazing books so I keep changing my answer to questions like this one.
Discuss your opinion on corn on the cob.
It’s delicious but I avoid eating it because I hate how it gets stuck in my teeth.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
A writer… I want to write YA fiction.
Do you have a favorite punctuation mark?
Describe the best trip you ever took.
(I know I keep talking about this…so I’m sorry, but this is actually my favorite/best trip so far!) This summer I went to Europe. And it was INCREDIBLE. We went to Italy, Germany and Austria. This wasn’t my first time in Europe but I just fell in love with the three countries I visited. Italy is soo beautiful and I still can’t believe that I actually went there. It feels like a dream.
and I nominate..
Ranu | Morgan | Sania | cw | Naomi | Julia | Lauren | Michelle | Paula | Melanie | Akchita
questions for nominees..
What color are most of the clothes in your closet? | What kind of music do you like to listen to? | How many books do you own? | How much do you read (on average) per day/week/month? | What are your thoughts on writing? | What do you hate or love about blogging? | What do you do when your bored? | What color are your curtains? | Do you like chocolate? (Alternatively: Do you like icecream?)
Thank-you to Blaise @ The Book Boulevard for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! My blog is only about two to three months old but I really appreciate the fact that you took the time to check out my blog.
- Thank the person who gave you this award — of course.
- Include a link to their blog. They deserve to have some credits too.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
I often go months without writing and then suddenly get inspired and start obsessing over story ideas.
(Once I was scribbling down an outline during math class..)
During the summer, I mainly spend my time binge-watching and binge-reading…stuff and sometimes I wander around in a daze of I don’t what to do/I’m SO BORED. I really need to get some more hobbies so that I won’t be wandering the house when I’m experiencing reading slumps.
I LOVE hot chocolate..and if it were healthy, I would drink it daily. For some reason, I’m not a coffee person (I guess that’s why hot chocolate is my go-to morning drink).
If I’m tired, I will try to do anything but read because I can’t focus when I’m that exhausted.
Most of my ships are usually mainstream/popular..And these days, I’m usually reading hyped books that the people I follow are obsessing over on Twitter. I’m not sure why I do this but I haven’t encountered that many two or one star reads so I feel like it’s working. Occasionally I take the risk of borrowing a library book (which I haven’t searched on goodreads).
My favorite author (apart from J. K Rowling) is Cassandra Clare because I simply love everything she writes
(well there was that book…). I’m also obsessed with the Shadowhunter Chronicles because all of the characters are amazing.
I got layers recently and am currently feeling rather pleased with how my hair turned out. Although it looks a bit odd when I put it in a ponytail.
and I nominate…
I’m not sure if I’ve picked blogs/bloggers who haven’t been nominated yet
(I was in a hurry..) but if you have already been nominated and done this award – I apologize in advance. Also, if you don’t want to, you don’t have to participate. Whatever floats your boat! 🙂
Thank-you to Tiffani @ The Book Venom for nominating me for the Beautiful Blogger Award!
Here are the rules:
1. Link to the blogger who nominated you.
2. List seven random facts about you.
3. Nominate seven creative, beautiful bloggers, and notify them.
7 Random Facts:
- Sometimes I randomly start humming songs that are inside of my head. I’m sure I’m not the only one who does this so if you do, TELL ME so we can be weird together 😀 *hugs myself*
- Seems like I have music on the mind, so fact #2 is that I can be very fickle when it comes to what music I like listening to. Even though I like a lot of mainstream pop music, I still gravitate toward the slower “deeper” songs that have more meaning and more lyrics..I guess my music choices just depend on my mood. (Right now I’m listening to Breathe In Breathe Out by Hilary Duff – it is one amazing album!)
- (Last music fact I promise!) I used to play the piano and I played for 6-7 years before I quit. I quickly lost interest in playing the instrument when I started High School and began blogging. Maybe I’ll take lessons again in the future but for now, I just want to focus on my studies, my writing and blogging.
- I currently have really long hair…as in my curly hair reaches my waist. I still can’t make up my mind whether to cut it short or not but it’s starting to become a nuisance!
- I am always thinking about something which is why I find it incredibly hard to meditate. Usually, I’m wondering about what my favorite book characters are up to (I didn’t say my thoughts are logical!). Sometimes I compose fanfiction with happy endings and imagine them acting out fictional arguments. Other times I’m thinking about some aspect of blogging – usually something I want to try or forgot/need to do ASAP.
- I never know who to nominate for awards and tags because I feel like by the time I get around to doing them, everyone else has already done them!..or at-least everyone I can think of. Hopefully everyone I nominate won’t have done this tag!
- I am currently obsessing over chocolate I bought in Germany. My mom bought a couple of boxes at the airport and we ended up eating two each on the spot. They are simply delicious and I totally recommend buying some if you ever visit Germany!
Aaaand my 7 Amazing Nominees are:
- Kayla @ Kayla’s Books
- Maria @ The Paisley Reader
- Brett @ Brett Michael Orr
- Michelle @ The Writing Hufflepuff
- Stephanie @ Stephanie’s Book Reviews
- Áine @ Writing on a Vintage Typewriter
- The Time Traveling Writer @ The Time Traveling Writer’s Blog
Have fun and don’t forget to link me so I can come see your post 🙂
I’m sorry for posting this recap so late but I forgot to schedule it before I went to India. Anyway, last month was pretty eventful! School ended, report cards came out, and I traveled around Europe for two weeks with my parents. (Oh yea and my grades were pretty good so I was more-or-less pleased with my report card.) Europe was amazing (even though I experienced heavy jet-lag once I got home). I got to travel to Rome, Venice, and Florence in Italy. I also stayed a couple of days in Austria and Germany. I don’t think you guys noticed the difference though because most of the posts, I scheduled, published on time.
A Million Times Goodnight by Kristina McBride
Because You’ll Never Meet Me by Leah Thomas
Inherit The Stars by Tessa Elwood
Lying Out Loud by Kody Keplinger
P.S I Still Love You by Jenny Han
The Winner’s Crime by Marie Rutkoski
The Girl At Midnight by Melissa Grey
The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker
They Call Me Alexandra Gastone by T.A. Maclagan
Out of all these books, I enjoyed The Winner’s Crime and The Girl at Midnight the most. I read both of these books a few months ago but they were so good, I just had to write up reviews for them. If you haven’t read them yet, I’d say you’re missing out.
The Courtship Book Tag
‘Would You Rather’ Book Tag
The Bookish Love Tag
Creative Blogger Award
Book Haul! (1)
Book Haul! (2)
I had some great hauls and I’m excited to read and review all the ARCs I received. Also, thanks to bloggers who tagged or nominated me for awards/tags.
I guess I had a relatively busy month on the blog and in real life (but thank god for scheduling posts!). So do you schedule posts? Have you been traveling too? How has your month been?