Now that summer break has arrived, I finally have more time to blog and write. This year, I decided to participate in Camp NaNoWriMo for the first time ever. I’m usually traveling during July but this time I’m spending the summer at home so I decided to make some progress in writing my book. I have never won NaNoWriMo before although I have attempted it several times (and regretted it). Bad decisions were made people. Anyway, I checked Cait’s blog, Paper Fury, for the eighth time today and realized I should do Beautiful People!! I’ve intended to join in for awhile (ever since I did it back in 2016) but either forgot or didn’t have time.
Continue reading “beautiful people #26 ft. my writing process”
writing things i
tried did this year:
- I made a writing blog! So far I’ve only posted poetry but once I’ve finished editing a few short-stories, I’ll probably be sharing those too. (Oh and I share poetry on ello as well!)
- Some of my poetry was published by literary magazines (ie. Scrittura).
- I tried to do NaNoWriMo..and only managed to write 18K words..
I feel like I haven’t accomplished that much this year but that kind of makes sense because 10th grade has been busy and stressful and I have no idea what I’m doing most of the time.
I know I’m going to be getting busier next year…but I may as well set a few goals for myself, the most important one being to finish everything I start. I know that sounds pretty easy.. but the truth is that I haven’t finished any of my novels yet.
- Finish the first draft of Vivid.
- Start writing & posting (more) chapters of Deadline on wattpad.
- Maybe draft another novel for NaNoWriMo
If I do try writing another novel, here are the retellings I will be choosing from:
- Retelling based on the Ramayana (a Hindu epic I was absolutely obsessed with as a child). It would be from the perspective of Sita and I’m probably going to
mess experiment with the storyline.
- Lesbian sleeping beauty retelling. I doubt nobody has written this before but I think I could find ways to make it more interesting/original (maybe make it more modern?)
- Gender-bender retelling of Little Mermaid or Cinderella. I’ve actually never read one of these but I think it would be fun to write.
So how has your year been? Do you have any (writing) goals?